Our Store Policies
RETURNS & REFUNDS
WE DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS FOR THE FOLLOWING ITEMS
- Items that have been opened are NOT eligible for return
- Items that require refrigeration are NOT eligible for return
- Items that are temperature sensitive are NOT eligible for return
- Items that are perishable are NOT eligible for return
- Laboratory test kit purchases are NOT refundable
- Class and consult purchases are NOT refundable
- Purchases more than 30 days old are NOT refundable
RETURNS FOR ANY ITEM THAT DOES NOT FALL INTO ANY OF THE ABOVE CATEGORIES MUST BE HANDLED IN THE FOLLOWING MANNER
- To initiate a refund request please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Subject line: “YOUR NAME, ORDER # -- REFUND REQUEST”
- Body of email: please provide a compelling reason for your refund; “I changed my mind” or “it isn’t what I wanted/expected” will not suffice - if you have any questions about an item please ask PRIOR TO purchasing
- Your request will be reviewed and you will be contacted within 60 days of the request date
- The original shipping and handling charges are NOT refundable
- Cost of the return shipping label will be deducted from your refund amount
- A processing fee of 10% of the refunded amount will be deducted from your refund
DO NOT JUST MAIL YOUR ITEM BACK TO US - YOU WILL NOT BE REFUNDED
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU DO NOT RECEIVE ALL OR PART OF YOUR ORDER
- PLEASE WAIT 7 DAYS FROM SHIPPING CONFIRMATION EMAIL BEFORE CONTACTING US
- USPS, FedEx, and UPS all have a 7-10 day window in which delivery is considered acceptable; claims cannot be filed with the carrier and will not be considered until the 7 days has passed.
- After 7 days, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
- Subject line: “YOUR NAME, ORDER # -- MISSING ITEM”
- Body of email: please submit a complete list of all the items from the order that were received and which were not received, and include any information that may be pertinent to a successful second delivery
IN THE EVENT THAT YOUR ORDER WAS RETURNED TO US
- Deliveries will NOT be reattempted to the same address if the first package is returned to us due to address or forwarding error*
- Please provide an alternative shipping address (alternative shipping name ok too)
- Refund requests will NOT be considered after TWO failed deliveries*
- PRIOR TO placing your order, please be certain that you will be available to accept this package and that you have previously received mail at the address provided
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU RECEIVE AN ITEM(S) THAT WAS DAMAGED DURING SHIPPING
- Please immediately photograph the damaged products as well as the package in which it was shipped
- This is required for a claim to be filed with the carrier
- Please send an email to email@example.com with the
- Subject line: “YOUR NAME, ORDER # -- DAMAGED ITEM”
- Body of email: please include detailed photographs of the item(s) and packaging, the date of delivery
We rarely experience problems with products damaged during shipping, but when a problem arises, we are dedicated to resolving the issue appropriately. Please contact us, so we can help you.
In certain cases a customer may be offered store credit if not eligible for a refund.*
In certain cases we may ask for identification to verify international orders PRIOR to shipping.*
POTENTIALLY FRAUDULENT ORDERS
In certain cases we may ask for identification to verify orders PRIOR to shipping.*
LOST OR STOLEN PACKAGES
If you received a tracking number in your shipping confirmation email, your package was shipped with the U.S. Postal Service (USPS). It is your responsibility to provide us with a shipping address where packages can be securely delivered by USPS or by your country's postal service without risk of theft or loss. We assume no responsibility for packages that are lost or stolen after USPS or another postal service completes delivery to the address that you provide to us. If you are concerned about the security of packages received at your mailing address, you should provide a different shipping address for your order.
If you did not receive a tracking number in your shipping confirmation email, your package was shipped directly from our suppliers. We do not always have access to these tracking numbers.
Submitting a Claim for a Lost or Stolen Package
If you believe your package has been lost or stolen, you must report to us that you did not receive your package within 2 weeks of placing your order (for shipments within the USA) or 1 month of placing your order (for shipments outside the USA). Please email your report to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have reported your lost package, we will determine if the package was lost before or after it was delivered to your address.
IF THE PACKAGE WAS LOST BEFORE IT WAS DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS
- We will launch an inquiry with USPS about the lost package and attempt to have it recovered and either mailed to you or returned to us. Since such inquiries take time, we reserve the right to wait up to 30 days after the start of the inquiry before we declare the package to be a complete loss. If we declare the package to be a complete loss, we will reship your order to you at no charge.
IF YOUR PACKAGE WAS LOST OR STOLEN AFTER IT WAS DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS
We will consider reshipping the order to you if you provide us with the following information:
- A letter or email which confirms that you have thoroughly inspected your property to make sure that the package is not there, and that you have also asked your family, friends, neighbors, and landlord if they have seen your package.
- A letter or email which confirms that you have contacted your local post office to see if it has the package, and that the post office said it delivered the package and no longer has it. Your letter or email should include the full name and telephone number of the postmaster for your local post office so that we can call them to verify the statement.
Upon receiving this information, we will reply to you with our decision about whether we will reship the order. Before replying, we may ask USPS to conduct an inquiry to confirm that your package is lost. We reserve the right to wait up to 30 days after the start of the inquiry before we decide to reship the package. This time period is necessary to confirm if the package is lost. We reserve the right to refuse reshipment of an order based on our review of your request and any information gathered from USPS.
If we reship a package that was lost or stolen after it was delivered to your address, we will require you to sign for the reshipped package in order to receive it. We also reserve the right to ask you to reimburse us for our shipping expenses. Please note that we do not grant refunds on packages that were lost after being delivered to the address that you provided to us.*
*THIS IS SOLELY AT THE DISCRETION OF THE STORE OWNER