Metagenics (Genetic Potential Through Nutrition)
GI SUSTAIN Leaky Gut Syndrome 29.6 OZ
GI Sustain 29.6 oz
PAIR GI SUSTAIN WITH THE GUT INSTITUTE'S MAXIMIZE YOUR MICROBIOME KIT!
Buy the Maximize Your Microbiome Kit below and receive Floraphage (small bottle) as a complimentary gift!
Purchase each below (Please: do not add Floraphage to cart; Floraphage will be added automatically for you upon shipping):
- ULTRA BIFIDO|MAXIMUS (2 sizes) Contains the highest potency of Bifidobacterium longum 80 billion per scoop which supports remodeling of sick and dysbiotic modern gut microbiotas. This combination does everything but clean your windows. ULTRA B|M supports optimal gut health, reduction of pathogens, resurrection of vital gut guardians, degradation of toxins (gluten, casein, mycotoxins) and downregulates irritated mast cells from dumping histamine and other internal allergens.
- Prescript Assist Contains a forest related ecosystem of environmental and soil microbes including Bacteroides (read more below; Bacteroides are keystone human flora) which support revitalization of damaged flora, irritable bowel syndrome, dysbiosis and digestion of gluten/dairy and mycotoxins.
- (Added at shipment time, do not add to cart) Floraphage FREE Targets toxic E coli pathogens commonly found in the gut. Adds amplification of Ultra BIFIDO|MAXIMUS probiotic growth by an estimated 50X fold. Floraphage is a cocktail of 4 naturally occurring, beneficial phages which help support elimination of pathogenic E. coli (Gamma Proteobacteria). Phages are found naturally every in nature, our food and water.
Nutritional Support for the Management of Leaky Gut Syndrome
GI Sustain™ is a medical food formulated to provide specialized nutritional support, including amino acids and prebiotic fiber, combined with readily digestible, low-allergenic-potential macronutrients for patients with leaky gut syndrome. Featuring L-glutamine and isomalto-oligosaccharides (IMO), this formula supports intestinal mucosal integrity and promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria to address dysbiosis associated with leaky gut syndrome.
- Supports microbial balance.
- Nourishes the cells of the colonic mucosa.
- Features low-allergy-potential rice protein concentrate supplemented with L-lysine HCl and L-threonine for an improved protein source.
- Provides rice syrup solids as a natural energy source.
- Provides a readily absorbed and metabolized lipid source.
- Provides the prebiotic IMO to selectively nourish beneficial bacteria, including lactobacillus and bifidobacteria, including Bifidobacteria longum.
- IMO is a gentle fiber that is naturally sweet but has a low-glycemic index.
- Formulated with nutrients such as zinc gluconate and L-glutamine to nutritionally support gastrointestinal mucosa integrity.
This product is Gluten Free.
Directions: Blend, shake, or briskly stir about 2 level scoops (60 grams) of GI Sustain into 8 ounces of chilled water or juice twice daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. For highly sensitive individuals, consider reducing consumption to 1/2 to 1 scoop with 4 to 5 ounces of chilled water or juice twice daily during the first 3 to 4 days before starting a full daily dose.
Serving Size 2 Scoops (60g)
Servings Per Container 14
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 1.5g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 32g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 4000 IU
Calcium 300 mg
Folic Acid 140 mcg
Pantothenic Acid 100 mg
Magnesium 121 mg
L-Glutamine 500 mg
Isomalto-Oligosaccharides 3.4 g
Vitamin C 102 mg
Vitamin E 50 IU
Vitamin B12 2.1 mcg
Phosphorus 175 mg
Zinc 7.5 mg
DL-Methionine 100 mg
Ingredients: Rice protein concentrate, rice syrup solids, rice flour, isomaltooligosaccharides (IMO), olive oil, magnesium citrate, calcium citrate, medium-chain triglycerides, natural flavors, dipotassium phosphate, L-glutamine, silica, D-calcium pantothenate, dicalcium phosphate, ascorbic acid, DL-methionine, L-glycine, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate, zinc gluconate, L-lysine HCI, L-threonine, L-cysteine HCl, ferrous fumarate, vitamin A (beta-carotene and retinyl palmitate), niacinamide, copper gluconate, pyridoxine HCl, thiamin HCl, chromium polynicotinate, riboflavin, folic acid, biotin, cyanocobalamin, and cholecalciferol.
Leaky Gut Syndrome:a Risk Factor for Multiple Chronic Conditions Leaky gut syndrome—or increased intestinal permeability—describes damage to the intestinal mucosal lining, causing leaks in this protective barrier. Enlarged spaces between the cells of the gut wall allow undigested food and other potentially harmful compounds (e.g., bacteria, toxins, waste) to enter the bloodstream.
This can trigger digestive and other symptoms, such as bloating, gas, bowel irregularities, increased food sensitivities, and compromised liver detoxification function. Potential associations with leaky gut syndrome:
• Digestive dysfunction
• Poor diet
• Immune function
• Food sensitivities
• Bacterial overgrowth
• Certain medications
GI Sustain: Formulated for Patients with Leaky Gut Syndrome
GI Sustain is a medical food delivered as a nutritionally supplemented powdered drink mix. A medical food should be used under the supervision of a physician or other healthcare practitioner and is intended for the specific dietary management of a disease or condition. GI Sustain is formulated to provide specific vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients to support patients with leaky gut syndrome who have chronic digestive dysfunction.
It's enhanced with specific nutrients—including rice protein developed through a patented manufacturing process—and targeted ingredients to nutritionally manage gastrointestinal health, including support for intestinal lining and immune function (through a healthy bacterial balance). Rice protein has a lower allergenic potential than many common animal or vegetable protein sources, which (along with careful formulation and manufacturing) helps make this product suitable for dietary elimination programs. This product is formulated for use with modified elimination diet (to reduce dietary chemicals and common foods with allergenic potential) to offer a higher level of support for better results.
Medical foods must contain ingredients that are generally regarded as safe (GRAS) or FDA approved, and Metagenics continually evaluates formula ingredients in concert with current nutritional research for optimal safety and effectiveness. Plus, Metagenics' manufacturing facility has 3 certifications for good manufacturing practices to ensure the highest quality. (This product is suitable for those who may be sensitive to lactose or soy. See online catalog for complete allergen information.)
High Intestinal Permeability
Medical food formulated to provide specialized nutritional support for the management of compromised gut function and malabsorption.
GI Sustain is a medical food formulated to provide specialized nutritional support for compromised digestive function including malabsorption. Nutritional ingredients support patients with altered gut function and high intestinal permeability. This formula supports intestinal mucosal integrity and promotes recolonization of the gut microflora.
How long is GI Sustain™ Medical Food typically recommended?
For use with patients with symptoms related to high intestinal permeability.
Warning: Excess vitamin A intake may be toxic and may increase the risk of birth defects. Pregnant women and women who may become pregnant should not exceed 10,000 IU of preformed vitamin A (retinyl palmitate) per day.
Notice: This product is to be used under the direct supervision of a physician or other licensed healthcare practitioner. Do not engage in any diet supplying less than 800 calories per day without medical supervision.
Contents sold by weight, not volume. Some settling may occur during shipping and handling. Serving size is measured by weight with a scoop included for your convenience. The amount of product contained in two scoops may be above or below 60 grams due to variations in handling and product density. Storage: Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place. Tamper Evident: Do not use if safety seal is missing or broken.